"The first thing I'd do as President is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. That's the first thing I'd do." - Barack Obama, (July 17th, 2007)
Take Obama's word for it. He promised Planned Parenthood he would sign the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) - and pro-life Americans need to let Congress know that we OPPOSE this radical legislation.
What is the "Freedom of Choice Act" (FOCA)?
In short, FOCA is a federal bill that would end virtually ALL restrictions on abortion across America. It is an unlimited right to tax-payer funded, abortion-on-demand. This bill is so sweeping in its language that it would:
- End parental notification or consent for abortions performed on minors
- Mandate taxpayer funding of abortion
- Allow abortions in military hospitals
- End waiting periods before having an abortion
- Overturn laws requiring informed consent prior to abortion
- Deny doctors the right to refuse to perform abortion for religious reasons
- Force religious affiliated hospitals and facilities to perform abortions
- Overturn many abortion clinic health regulations
- Overturn laws prohibiting abortion after the viability of the child
- Legalize partial-birth abortion
FOCA would overturn the will of the majority of the American people on each of these issues - and prevent them from passing any further common sense restrictions and regulations on abortion.
A new liberal majority is now in control of Congress and working to pass this monstrous bill. Take action today!
Stop FOCA Action Items:
- Sign the petition to Stop FOCA
- FAX your members of Congress and tell them how you feel
- Spread the word to others about this important issue
- Download, print & distribute a written petition
- Help us drive the campaign by contributing to Christian Coalition